[Duo2400] Re: 2400c vs 12"powerbook pictures posted

Cubeistan rspilker at mac.com
Thu Feb 6 06:30:46 PST 2003

>> Now without claim to a 2400, I lurk. Well, I mostly lurked anyway; but,
>> typing this on a new 12", after 48 hours it feels like it'll be around
>> awhile. Warm sure, but no more so than a G3 2400.
>
>So, what's the consensus on the left side heating?  Reports on this are all
>over the board from 'cannot notice' to 'could fry an egg'.

It's nothing to write home about. The reader's report on MacNN that it's
"uncomfortably hot" with a "serious issue with heat transmission"  must
come from someone with a way low thermostat. For me, as I type this, with
it setting on bare legs, heat's just not an issue. Left side over the HD
is warm but not hot. When my coffee cools to the same temp I'll ditch it
for a fresh cup.