[Duo2400] Re: Duo 230: Keeping extensions on.

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Sat Feb 8 08:18:12 PST 2003

On 8/2/03 3:58 pm, "Impmon" <impmon at tds.net> wrote:

> Sounds like a stuck shift key somewhere.  Check the keyboard on the Duo and
> make sure there's no object on the keyboard when you close the lid before
> inserting it in the dock.

Ah that sounds about right Impmon,

One time I use the AC adaptor from my iBook and ran the Duo outside of the
Dock through it. I think the power was too high and it gave a heavy ghosting
image on the Duo's screen, but everything I typed on the Duo came out in
capitals only, and no matter how often I tried to resolve it, it wouldn't
respond. Once inside the Dock, I have full control over the caps lock and
shift key via the ADB keyboard, but would that explain away the extensions
still being off?

I would've thought that with the Duo being inside the Dock, its keyboard
would be effectively disconnected and therefore the stuck shift key/caps
lock key would have no effect?