[Duo2400] 2400c as an Airport baste Station

Jose A.Alvarez Dios jaaldios at jazzfree.com
Mon Feb 10 02:17:26 PST 2003

El Domingo, 9 febrero, 2003, a las 09:01 PM, Jerry Wolford escribió:

> I have a 2400c with the Global Village combo card and an Orinocco
> Silver AP
> card. Both seem to work fine. The AP seems slow to me though.

Try installing the 2.0 drivers, they make a whole lot of a difference.
Also pay attention to the card and the base station orientation in case
you are not getting a good signal strength.

> My question is:
>
> I want to hook it to a wired ethernet network with the combo card and
> use
> the Airport card to create a software base station. I have tried to do
> this
> but it does not seem to work. Is their a trick to get this to work?

The common consensus is that the 2400c can only handle one ethernet
interface at a time and the Orinoco card is seen as one by the system
software, therefore it can't be done.

Jose Antonio Alvarez Dios

e-mail addresses: jaaldios at usc.es, jaaldios at jazzfree.com
e-fax number (in the USA, handles voicemail too) 1 (419) 828-9794
fax number (in Spain) 34981597054