2400 PRAM battery: replacing a good idea?

Scott's Lists lists at detwiler.us
Mon Feb 10 19:11:44 PST 2003

Is replacing the PRAM battery on a 2400c worth the expense and risk, and
what impact would it have on GLOD symptoms?

I know my PRAM battery is dead because whenever I remove the main battery
while unplugged, the date resets to some oddball time.

The only suspicious symptom I get is occasional GLOD when I let it go to
sleep on its own while running on battery. I've always been able to get it
to come back after a few battery removal/ac adapter/power button
manipulations.

Will replacing the PRAM battery help this issue, or make it worse by
retaining bad power manager settings? (I see at the website that some folks
solve GLOD by discharging the PRAM battery on purpose.)

I have lots of experience with mucking about in 1xx series Powerbooks, but
haven't had the guts to crack my little Comet yet...

Experience? Advice?

Scott