[Duo2400] 2400c problem/question

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 13 04:18:23 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 08:00 AM, J & HH wrote:

> It certainly is cool though.  Now that I have worked with it for the
> past
> four days, I've discovered that it has a 6GB hard drive which appears
> not to
> be the standard,

Right, the original was a 1.3 GB

>  a 320Mhz processor which I'm almost positive wasn't specd
> on this machine

Right, again. The original was a 180 MHz. Your friend's has a 320 MHz
G3 upgrade, very nice.

>  and 80Megs of RAM.
>
> First, I'm wondering how to confirm whether or not the card bus
> upgrade has
> been performed? (question #1)

Try using a fast 100 Mb/s ethernet card or a firewire card.

> After figuring out how to get the thing to reboot from the hard drive
> (changed to floppy using HD set up and then didn't have a copy of the
> control panel on the floppy - had to zap the PRAM) I can't get the two
> machines to share anymore????  The IrDA control panel says they are
> connected and I have IrDA selected in AppleTalk and file sharing is on,
> drives shared etc. but no go.... When I go to the chooser and click on
> AppleShare I see nothing nothing nothing.  I've tried everything I can
> think
> of.

Sorry, I don't know about IrDA but to work on the disk there are
several options: you can connect the two by ethernet, put the 2400c
into SCSI disk mode and connect it to a Mac with a SCSI port, find an
external SCSI CD drive that works or take the 6 GB drive out and put it
in your Pismo. I do not recommend the latter since working inside the
2400c is very difficult for the uninitiated.