RE. 2300c External CD ROM

Don P. nodttiurp at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 18:32:49 PST 2003

Duo/2400 List wrote...

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:53:11 -0500
Subject: [Duo2400] 2300c External CD ROM
From: Raymond P Reedy <rreedy at attbi.com>

I asked this of DNMonk and he referred me here.

I do not want to impose so If you would rather refer
me to some other
site/person, OK.

I inherited the 2300c from my granddaughter. I saved
everything to an
external SCSI HD and then installed OS 9.1 and APS
Tools and CD ROM
Toolkit. She had an external HD and CD ROM drive
(Pioneer).

Sometimes a software CD will mount when inserted and
sometimes I need
to run APS Power Tools to get the CD to mount.  I can
live with this.

It will not boot from the CD using the "C" key at
startup or using the
Startup Control Panel. Is this normal?

My problem is in getting a music CD to mount. I was
playing around with
this on the weekend and on occasion it would mount and
would play
through my external amp/speakers. Most of the time I
get a message that
it needs to be initialized. (I do not know what I did
to get it to
play.)   :-((

Would getting an old Apple CD ROM do the trick?

Are there any 2300c SIGs around? I want to set this up
in our computer
lab at the church with a big monitor. It is slow but
it works.

Ray

  X  No HTML/RTF in email
  X  Stop excessive quoting in email

As a 2300c user w/CD-ROM player headache this came to
my attention. Am I wrong...? re:
1. "OS 9.1" on 2300c: possible but screwy?
2. "I do not want to impose so If you would rather
refer me to some other site/person,": yes?this is it?
3. "It will not boot from the CD using the "C" key at
startup or using the Startup Control Panel. Is this
normal?" : no, sounds like an ID# conflict?
Don