[Duo2400] Airport SLOW DOWN

Jose A. Alvarez Dios jaaldios at jazzfree.com
Fri Feb 14 12:39:51 PST 2003

>I have recently installed 9.1 and am using a Lucent card that the OS sees as
>an Airport card.
>
>I installed the needed drivers extracted by Tome Viewer and everything
>works, but very slow. With my DSL is is only a little better than a double a
>56k modem. I have downloaded files with the 2400 and my Prismo at the same
>time so I know it is not the web or router/basestation.
>
>I installed the 1.03 drivers, not the 2.0 ones. Will the 2.0 drivers work?
>Are they faster?
>
>Any help appreciated!

Try installing the 2.0 drivers, they make a whole lot of a
difference. Also pay attention to the card and the base station
orientation in case you are not getting a good signal strength.
--

Jose Antonio Alvarez Dios

e-mail addresses: jaaldios at usc.es, jaaldios at jazzfree.com
e-fax number (in the USA, handles voicemail too) 1 (419) 828-9794
fax number (in Spain) 34981597054