2400 audio

wayne ingalls ingallsw at frontiernet.net
Sun Feb 16 17:47:01 PST 2003

Donald wrote:

> 	To my inquiries about transferring vinyls to MP3, Mr. Mallet
> suggested:  "the Final Vinyl software you can download for free from
> Griffin's website."
>
> 	Their sys requirements are 10.2. Might it work with 9.1?

If they say it requires 10.2, it's a pretty sure bet that it won't work
with anything less than that. You could try using Coaster (freeware)
or CD Spin Doctor, a component of Toast (the full version, not the
free one that often comes with a writer). I see a lot of people who
swear by Coaster, but for me the interface of CD Spin Doctor was
easier to figure out. I've transferred several LPs to CD. If you want
to make good recordings plan on spending a lot of time. I use Spin
Doctor's filters to clean up clicks and scratches and also take the
time to insert track breaks. I haven't tried doing it through USB,
so far I've used my 1400 audio in to make the recording.

hth,
-wayne