duo 230 battery

Helen Ross helen at koan.de
Sun Feb 23 06:46:36 PST 2003

Hi,
I have a Duo 230 on which the battery does not keep its charge. I am not sure whether this is entirely a battery problem as I seem to
have problems recharging as well.

I set the machine to recharge and after about 10 mins if I turn the machine on it appears to be fully charged. Leaving it plugged into
the AC adaptor overnight makes no difference, nor does leaving it in the duo dock.

If I then run it on the battery I get about 2 mins before I start getting warnings about low power. If I dismiss all of these messages then
it takes about 5 minutes before the machine does a hard shut down.

I tried battery amnesia program but this does not suppress the warnings as it is supposed to. BTW it reports about 14V when first
started and 10.5V just before shut down.

Are these problems solely the result of a dud battery (and where can I get a new one that does not cost the earth) or do I also have
hardware problems to do with power management/charging.

Any suggestions?

thanks, Helen