[Duo2400] Re: Caution Helen! Duo 230 battery

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 05:35:32 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/24/03 5:16:36 PM, cacanne at chibardun.net writes:

>> Andrew's procedure on rebuilding the battery for your Duo is
>> excellent, but an important detail was omitted. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN
>> CUTTING THE CASE.
and

>That is exactly why I do not recommend using a rotary cutter to open the
>case,

Hmmm....guess I should have been a tad clearer.  I cut the three sides that
have no contacts ("back and sides, not the front") and then simply prise the
case open.  No cut cables, etc.  I've also tried the ole "freeze the sucker
and smack it" trick, doesn't work as well (get the case cold and the bond
between the top and bottom <<may>> break when smacked against a hard
surface).  If you are VERY careful, an Exacto knife works well.  I just don't
recommend it, as this can cause serious injury if you don't know how to
handle a knife (this from a guy that carries 3 on a daily basis....envelopes
are scared to death of me <<grin>>).

Anyway, may your battery rebuilding be blessed with success!

Cheers!
Andrew