How to open batteries

Jerry Wolford wolfman at northstate.net
Tue Feb 25 07:47:40 PST 2003

List friends,

I have not tried this on batteries, but I have on the Apple brick power
supply modules when the cord shorts out. To open those up, I place it in a
vice with the seams on the long axis  facing the vice jaws and squeeze and
release a few times. The case actually bulges a little. This action causes
the glue bond to break. I have opened up two this way and it might translate
to a battery pack also. You have to use something to pad the sides to
prevent the metal from cutting into the plastic.

Hope this helps!

Jerry