when all else fails...

Frank Modica modicafr at cmi.k12.il.us
Wed Jan 1 10:11:44 PST 2003

I actually experienced a very pleasant New Year's surprise this morning. I
have a working dock for my duo 2300.

For over a year I'd thought that I had two non-functioning Duo Docks that I
got when I purchased the duo. I'd fiddled around with both of docks and
found that one had that notorious tick of death. At various times I
considered trying either to replace both power supplies or take the docks
apart and resolder the capacitor, but never quite found the time to pursue
either task.

Well, last night I downloaded the dock manual from Gamba for more
information about taking apart the duo and actually read more about the
setup. This morning I followed the directions for operating the dock--
plugged everything into the dock, and hit the power key on the keyboard.
The monitor  powered up just fine.

I've been sitting on a functional dock for over a year and didn't know it.
At various times I'd pestered the list about dock questions that I could
have answered by simply reading the direction manual. Oh well, live and
learn.

Frank C. Modica
501 E. Green St.
Urbana, IL. 61802 USA