[Duo2400] Re: We can close this list now! ;-)

francis.fitzpatrick at att.net francis.fitzpatrick at att.net
Tue Jan 7 14:35:37 PST 2003

I use the PC cards for wireless networking (built-in to the new 12 inch
PowerBook), Ethernet (built-in), faster modem (built-in), Memory Stick reader
(for the digital camera), faster USB 2.0.  The last two aren't built-in to the
new PowerBook.  Yes, I can get an USB reader for the Memory Stick but that's
another piece flopping around and I don't think Apple is going to support USB
2.0 any time soon.

  In addition, on other machines, I've found that being able to plug a PC
Ethernet card in a Godsend when the built-in LAN port went on the fritz.

  PS  Anyone know of a tweak to the PowerBook's USB ports to upgrade to USB 2.0
(like MCE's upgrade of the PC cards to CardBus)?

  Francis Fitzpatrick