[Duo2400] Re: We can close this list now! ;-)

Larry Friedman larry.s.f at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 8 07:26:15 PST 2003

Speaking of legacy software, here is something that really pissed
people off. While booting in X, Photoshop 7 will not run any non-X
plugins. You would have to run Photoshop 7 in the 9 environment, not
Classic, to be able to run those plug-ins. So if you value your
collection of visual effects forget about any mac that doesn't boot
into 9. Your only other option is to run a previous version of
Photoshop in Classic, which kind of defeats the purpose of an all-X
library. That being said, in addition to 7 I keep Photoshop 5.5 on
Edgar (my TiBook).

PS. The Photoshop 7 that installs runs natively in both environments.