[Duo2400] Re: Oldies but goodies

Mark A. Kippert mark at helpmymac.com
Thu Jan 9 14:20:13 PST 2003

Carlson on 1/9/03 4:37 PM wrote:

> I've got a Plus with 4mb ram and one of those little fans on the top of the
> case, an Imagewriter II, and Apple branded bags for both. Talk about a
> smokin' portable unit! Used to take it to the recording studio to play midi
> tracks for sessions. Still works. I think my father-in-law bought them brand
> new.

The first Mac I ever saw (around the end of 1986) was a Mac Plus. It was at
a small recording studio and it was connected to a $25,000 Kursweil (sp?)
synthesizer which I think had a digital sampler connected to it.

The Plus had 1MB/RAM (awesome at the time) and a single floppy drive. While
it was the coolest thing I had ever heard or seen, I found it a bit humorous
watching Jeff constantly swapping floppies as the Plus kept chunking away on
them for a few seconds and then spit them out.

It was like trying to quickly feed a baby spoonfuls of food to keep it from
cutting loose with a big scream for more. :^)

-Mark