[Duo2400] Re: PCMICA with the New Little G4 PowerBook

francis.fitzpatrick at att.net francis.fitzpatrick at att.net
Sun Jan 12 07:49:03 PST 2003

It looks like this is just a memory reader (compact flash, etc.).  It does not
specifically say that it will handle all of the other tasks that one can use
PCMCIA cards for such as modems, Ethernet, GPS, etc.  And of course, this
results in a BIG dongle ;-).

A cursory Google search did not find anything other than memory readers.

I'm think that I may wait for the 2d Generation 12 in PowerBook.  Apple has a
history of making upgrades about 6 months after introduction.  That might be
announced at the at NY MacWorld Expo.  (Anyone else thinking of going to the NY
MacWorld Expo?)

Is the upgrade likely to have a PCMCIA slot?  I don't think so just because the
slot takes up so much real estate and this is probably PACKED.  The upgrade may
have 800 Firewire though.  Just guessing.

FF