2400 to Al/PB-12" Conversion Costs

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 12 15:59:38 PST 2003

I've almost talked myself into waiting, once again, for Rev 2...

Al/PB-12" - $1800
Applecare - $349 		(This hurts,  I just bought a new
ThinkPad and +2 Yrs was $132)
512MB Memory - $100
Airport Card - $100
MS Office - $200
USB Ext Keyboard/Mouse - $100(Wireless)
USB Smartmedia device - ? $30
Firewire to SCSI converter - ? $50
Other OSX Software Upgrades - ? $500 (Utilities, shareware, etc.)

Total - Appx $3000+?; Even if I go with the iBook it leaves me around $2500.

Kinda making my 2400/G3-320/112MB/30GB continue to look pretty good.
Guess I'm getting tight in my old age, since I spent $3500 on a IIsi
in the early 90's and was thrilled. ;-)

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.