[Duo2400] Re: Expanding the list -- not closing it.

MEWolcott at aol.com MEWolcott at aol.com
Mon Jan 13 20:42:25 PST 2003

Hi,

I am new here, I signed on about a week ago or so....  I have a PB 2400c/180.
 I've owned it for five years, it is my first and only laptop; and ironically
I've just discovered everyone here and this very fine list.

I had not planned on doing more than simply lurk for a good while longer; but
let me say I sure hope this list continues.  I've already learned a lot.

And, this is a very exciting idea for me personally to get to enhance this
laptop, as I've always had a warm spot for it (most of the time) and have
felt great when someone, say for instance at the airport during bagcheck,
comments favorably on my little PB2400. Which has happened often, has it to
others on this list as well, I wonder?  And I confess, I even like it at its
current (e.g., original) speed/capacity - except the OS has been slightly
upgraded.... Guess I'm patient.

I'm not someone who collects things, rather I make what I've got stay around
for as long as possible.  It's a matter of pride, and certainly
accomplishment.  And for many things (but not the PB2400), plenty of Epoxy :-)

For now, regarding the PB I'm hoping to just do some basic things to upgrade
in the coming months and try and keep reading this list and absorbing to get
a bit more up to speed with you all someday; and I'll admit I am a little
daunted about some of the challenges I've been reading about on the list.
For example, I'm wondering about taking the plunge and making it
Ethernet-ready which I really do want to do in order to keep it useful for
the times.  I just need more time to absorb all of this new stuff.  You all
are prolific writers/responders as well as friendly.

Regarding the list's potential for expansion: I would offer that it might be
quite quite interesting to have conversations on this list about the new
subcompact and then keep up the great stuff about the older subcompacts.
Surely there are already several who have both the new and the old; then
there will be those who will continue to have the expertise, continue to
discuss things quite a ways over my head but also clearly continue to provide
great info/insights and such to some of us who are not going to get the new
one for a while.  I am not asking for lessons, just want the list to continue.

Can I be the only recently-signed-on, just-learning about PB2400's potential
(she said plaintively)? I wonder....

Thank you for listening.  Hailing frequency closed, back to lurking :-)

Okay, one more thing.  What a bunch of sweet peas you all are.  Heavens.
Where's the bad apple in this barrel??

Best regards,
Mary