Expanding the list

Big Bird geary at acm.org
Tue Jan 14 07:17:15 PST 2003

On 1/13/03 Eric Prentice <ListMa at themacintoshguy.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to decide where we take the list.  With the new machines this
> list will be less essential for many of us who are upgrading and will
> eventually go the way of other great Mac lists.
>
> I'm considering transitioning the list into a more general Mac Sub-compacts
> list. I'm thinking that this will give us a concise focus while still
> allowing us to talk about the new machines.

I've only just joind the list, so I don't know what its character
is. If it is intended to be a social discussion list, then it makes a
lot of sense to expand it to whatever computers the current members
own. If the list is intend to be for problem solving and technical
advice, then it seems to me that the new PB G4 and a Duo/2400 would
have next to nothing in common.

Mark Geary