Expanding the List

Carlos Pinto cplusc at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 14 11:03:53 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,
  I don't understand why we all want to expand the list. If we are
going to take a stance that the 12" PB is a sub notebook, then  why didn't
we do this when the iBook came out. It at least could share issues with upgraded
2400s that have G3 processors.
  Just because a G4 processor has finally made it tempting to some of us to give
up the 2400 does not make this Powerbook any more part of the list than the iBook
this is a list for people holding on to old technology and not state of the art OSX
machines.
  I too am interested in the 12"PB but I don't see how tips for a OSX problem can
possibly  be of interest to a Duo 230 owner or even a 2400 G3 running the
striped down X.
   There are always people who will want to, or can only afford, to run older
machines.
Lets keep this list concise, it is difficult enough to sort out the Duo dock
problems, or
the 2400 GLOD syndrome without having to sift through the countless problems that
OSX has caused for other machines.

  If you are interested in the 12"PB, there is no shortage of discussion on the net.

  I vote ,Keep the list as an old sub notebook list.

My two cents

Cheers
Carlos