[Duo2400] Re: command-option-shift-delete

Impmon impmon at tds.net
Tue Jan 14 15:14:08 PST 2003

> As for boot order, I *think* it's in ascending SCSI ID order (but it might
> be descending, there's a lot of SCSI controller trivia mixed up in my head
> from the past twenty years ;). Originally the "internal drive" to skip
meant
> SCSI device 0 - now it probably means the primary ATA controller.

I remember a blurb in my old MacUser magazine that if you force the Mac to
skip internal drive, it will start at ID 6 and go in descending order until
it finds a valid bootup volume.

It is true though that any partition on drive ID 0 will be ignored if you
used the DOCS at startup.  Yiou would need to have an access to Startup
control panel to select the partition to start with.

I still haven't actually toyed with any IDE based Macs as my newest Mac is a
monster sized 9600 and I won't replace that unless Apple offersd a newer 6
PCI slot based Mac! >:(  (I'm pretty sure 9500/9600 is the last 6 slot Mac)