[Duo2400] Re: command-option-shift-delete

Ivan Drucker ivanxqz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 16:34:34 PST 2003

>I still haven't actually toyed with any IDE based Macs as my newest Mac is a
>monster sized 9600 and I won't replace that unless Apple offersd a newer 6
>PCI slot based Mac! >:(  (I'm pretty sure 9500/9600 is the last 6 slot Mac)

It is, though the current Power Macs (since 1/01) have only one less
slot, since the 9600 comes with a video card in one of its slots. The
Power Mac G4's ship with a video card in a dedicated high-speed video
(AGP) slot, and have four open PCI slots. And they card they ship with
supports two monitors, potentially freeing up a slot in a two-monitor
setup. So I don't think you'd be giving up too much if you wanted a
current machine.

Ivan.