[Duo2400] Fred 2400 problem

chuck goolsbee cglist at mac-mgrs.org
Wed Jan 15 13:27:24 PST 2003

>Change of pace. It have a 2400 basic model. I pluggged in a printer via the
>Scauzzi
>adapter, while power to the printer was on. Now on starting the sceen has
>whittish
>colour but no operating system shows. The chimes of machine starting up
>don't occur.
>Any suggestions of how to get the operating system to show up - or have I
>blown
>a circuit? There isnt a green light on.
>
>Fred

Fred, I'm pretty sure you commited one of the serious SCSI sins:
hot-plugging a device not designed for hot-plugging.

IIRC the SCSI port of the 2400c can basically kill the powerbook if
you hot plug a device into it. I'd be willing to bet you fried your
I/O board.

A SCSI device chain requires all devices to be powered off while
devices are added to the bus. The exception is specific hot-swappable
items, but they usually have a hot-plug subsystem that is independant
of the main SCSI bus that connects them to the host computer.

regards,
--
--chuck goolsbee
geek wrangler,   digital.forest inc,   bothell, wa  <http://www.forest.net>