Any other borrowed system component suggestions?

Marc also at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 20 10:38:22 PST 2003

>From: Patrick Selliers <patsel at bredband.net>
>
>"html rendering lib" (MacOS 9.1, Extensions)
>...improved on the rendering of html
>
>have also felt that 8.6 seemed to benefit from having the ROAM
>(applescript+extension) installed
>...basically puts the ROM contents into protected RAM allocation

New interesting twist on tinkering with these machines, away from hardware.

I echo, Bob F's comment. Anyone else on the list also found positive
advantages in grafting extensions out of other OSs onto 8.6 or even 9?

Ralph, may be worth (?) compiling a page of the most trusted of these
on mac2400, as a useful reference tool for those who reinstall 8.6
and then realize they don't remember all the custom additions made
over time to their system folder. A sort of "What, why, where from"
thing.

Marc