[Duo2400] Re: Replacement PB Duo 270C active matrix screen?

Mark Semon msemon1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 21 06:23:11 PST 2003

>Hi --
>
>Somehow the active-matrix screen on my trusty old PowerBook 270C got
>busted (physically broken, shattered glass, not just
>non-functioning). I'm hoping to find a replacement screen, but I
>don't really want to sink a whole lot of money into it, when I could
>apply that same money to something considerably more modern. What am
>I likely to pay for a used screen?
>
>TIA
>
>Bart Brown

Bart, expect to pay anywhere from 100 to 200 bucks for a screen for
your machine, depending upon which vendor might have it. I looked at
one or two and didn't specifically see the 270c screen, but I would
say that's a good price point.

It's likely you could find a dead 270c for that much or even less,
and that would the route I would take if it's a machine I just had to
keep, and coulnd't afford to replace.

This happened to me last year and I saw it as an opportunity to 'go
new'. Something to think about.

Mark