[Duo2400] 2400 audio queries

RDX r-d-x at hotpop.com
Sun Jan 26 08:51:48 PST 2003

hi,

there is microphone jack next to the headphone jack, you can get analog
stereo signal into the 2400c.

to get convert vinyl lps into digital you will need

a. home stereo with headphone jack, to provide the line level output

b. one stereo cable with 3.5mm stereo plugs on both ends, you will need
a 3.5mm to 6.4mm converter if the headphone jack on home stereo is 6.4mm

c. connect one end to headphone jack on home stereo, the other end to
microphone jack on 2400c, launch recording application on powerbook,
test input/output level on both home stereo and the powerbook

for recording i recommend Xing AudioCatalyst, can record analog audio in
AND convert to mp3 in real time

to mix mp3s for party you can get a copy of Mixer, it's very easy to
use, you can ask MacAst people for a beta

RDX