[Duo2400] Re: Duo 280c and modem issue

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 04:27:31 PDT 2003

--- Paul Nelson <artworks at victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
> At 3:30 PM -0700 6/30/03, Brian Getz wrote:
> >The Duo is running OS 8.1
> >Apple Telecom Modem 2.3.3
> >Express Modem Tool 3.1.O
> >Open Transport 1.01
> >Modem 1.0.1
> >PPP 1.0.1
> >TCP/IP 1.3
> >
> >Since i had the Duo open I removed the modem and
> >rebooted with extension off, trashed all the modem
> >preferences and rebooted.

How do you boot a Duo with the modem removed when
the power buttons are on the modem?

Is there a list someplace of 3rd party internal
modems that fit in place of the Apple 14.4 one?
The 280 doesn't seem like too sluggish of a Mac for
getting e-mail, but I've not been able to get the
modem to work on the prototype. :P Tried both settings
for the internal modem port but it acts like it
doesn't even have a modem in it.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist