[Duo2400] Re: ADB to USB?

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 22:41:00 PDT 2003

I agree with Scott, I have one of those it came with a
Kensington track ball. It allows you to use a USB
device (trackball in this case in a PC serial port).
It actually has six pins insrtead of the four on the
ADB device.

Brian

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:qxy9ZAoGTBQC:www.microsoft.com/hardware/keyboard/images/setup_KeyboardUSBCablewithPS2Adapter.gif

http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/msmouse_perspec.jpg

> It looks like that seller is a Mac person, it would
> be a very easy mistake
> to make. I can guarantee you that a little thing
> like that is not, by
> itself, going to allow you to use any USB device in
> an ADB port. At best
> you'd have something like a dual USB/ADB mouse with
> the capability for both
> that needs a little adapter to work, much like the
> PS/2 -> USB adapters I
> have for several Logitech devices. Logitech devices
> that are meant to be
> dual USB/PS/2 will indeed work with it, but it won't
> let any USB
> mouse/keyboard plug into a PS/2 port.
>
> Almost intriguing enough to inquire about shipping
> to the USA for it :)

=====
Brian
Personal Email briang113 at yahoo.com