No subject

Richard Bussone richardbussone at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 05:57:20 PDT 2003

Scott Holder wrote:

you could just use an external mouse on a *dock or ABD hack and leave
the trackpad unconnected/out all together

Thanks, I tried that and am now able to use the computer.

As far as all the comments on the trackball, I am still a little
confused.   Just to make sure I was clear the trackpad is still intact,
but it is the thin ribbon like connector that is torn.  I am not sure
what it is called, but it is thin, red, branches it two and goes to the
cover of the computer where the trackpad is located.  Is everyone
saying that I can't get that ribbon without buying a whole new
trackpad?  Are trackballs more readily available, easier to use,
cheaper or all three?  In any case what and where is the swap list?

Thanks again for everyones help and interest.  I think it is great to
be able to learn about this computer.  So far every step I take is a
positive one even if it seems like one backward at the time.

Rich