[Duo2400] Media Vision portable CD-ROM

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 03:59:00 PDT 2003

--- Milton Lukins <Milton at MiltonLukins.com> wrote:
> I inherited a Media Vision Reno "Portable CD for
> Notebooks".  Came with an
> AC power supply, a SCSI cable, and a 25 to 30 pin
> SCSI adapter and the
> original invoice from Corporate Systems Center in
> Sunnyvale, CA.  A page
> from a magazine or catalog in the box says it
> doubles as an audio CD player which tested good.

I did some searching and came up empty on the Reno
and Macintosh. My usual source for such olde stuff,
http://www.archive.org (the Wayback Machine) doesn't
have anything from http://www.mediavis.com because
while the company was still around they used a
robots.txt file to block crawlers that obey such
things. Even worse is archive.org will retroactively
wipe all archives of any site that starts using
a robots.txt file some time after it's first set up.

What good is an archive if stuff can be deleted from
it at any time? They'll even remove stuff if the
site's owner(s) contact them and ask them to remove
it.

Bah! An archive should be like Ragu Pasta Sauce...
"It's in there!" ;)

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist