[Duo2400] Re: PowerBooks and PCMCIA slots?

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 01:34:44 PDT 2003

--- Brandy Bender <brandybndr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> No Slots
> Go to Lowendmac.com

Bah. Jobs apparently is fascinated with the idea of
a computer as a jumble of components connected with
a mess of cables. :P I use Compact Flash cards in my
Toshiba laptop with a PC Card adaptor. So with no
slots on a fancy new PowerBook I'd have to tote along
my Lexar USB PC Card/Smart Media reader. Mo' cables,
mo' space, mo' CLUTTER.

Apple needs a lesson in keeping what users USE and
NEED. Like CardBus slots on PowerBooks, or a desktop
with more than three or four PCI slots. I upgraded
my PC laptop mostly because I got a great deal on
one with an internal CD-ROM, modem and sound. All of
which I had to plug in externally on the old one.
With a new and slotless PowerBook I'd still have to
plug external (but different) stuff in.

This is progress?

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist