[Duo2400] 2400c not charging/seeing battery

Brian Getz briang113 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 15:43:35 PDT 2003

Steve,

> I have a 2400c/240. It's showing some weird
> behavior:
> Wouldn't sleep at first, but worked OK off both
> battery and ac.
> Now works fine off ac, but doesn't show battery in
> control strip.
> If I remove battery and replace it the control strip
> shows battery for
> a few seconds then it disappears again.

If the battery icon on the upper menu next to the
clock shows a battery with an red x it means the
computer doesn't know it is there. Same if you remove
the battery. If this is the case the problem is in the
power/ IO board(it will need to be repaired or
replaced.)

I had the same problem took it to DT&T $125.00 to fix.
One day service Your choice if it is worth it.

--- Steven Patterson
<stevenpatterson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a 2400c/240. It's showing some weird
> behavior:
> Wouldn't sleep at first, but worked OK off both
> battery and ac.
> Now works fine off ac, but doesn't show battery in
> control strip.
> If I remove battery and replace it the control strip
> shows battery for
> a few seconds then it disappears again.
> Used known good batteries.
> Tried zapping PRAM, resetting power manager, but no
> luck, any ideas?
> If I can't get it working I'll take 240 MHz card and
> put it in the
> 2400c/180 which is working fine.
> If this is a motherboard problem will the cpu card
> still be useable,
> and can I keep the cardbus enabled slots or is it
> all on the same board?
> Thanks
> Steve

=====