DUO-270 Keyboard Pain

Jack Corcoran jkcorcor at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 11:29:01 PDT 2003

Hi Listers,

I have a problem with the keyboard in my 270C.  Some
keys work fine, but a number of them don't seem to
function at all.

I was so certain the problem was with the laptop
keyboard that I bid on two of them on e-Bay, and ended
up buying both - so I now have 3 keyboards. However-
both of the "new" KB's give me about the same
indications as the original one.

When I put the 270 in a dock, with an external
keyboard, it functions perfectly - all keys operate
with no problems.

I'm thinking the problem is probably with the little
female ribbon connectors on the mother board that the
KB ribbon cables plug into.  Can anyone describe a
method for cleaning these connectors?  Is there any
history of them failing?

Or- if anyone has another idea of the cause of my KB
problem, I'd like to hear it...and I'll be most
grateful for any help offered.

Jack C.