[Duo2400] Duo 280c help. please

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 11:30:07 PDT 2003

--- MindInk at aol.com wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> The lower clicker on my trusty Duo 280c has worked
> loose.
> I have gingerly tried to reseat it, and failed.
> Any suggestions as how to reseat the clicker?
> Thanks in advance.

Probably have to take the top off, not too hard to do.

First remove the battery.

Second, slide the hinge covers at each back corner
off. They go straight to the sides.

Third, close the lid, turn the Duo upside down and
remove the three keyboard screws plus the 4th screw
near the front.

Fourth, look inside the battery bay at the left side.
Near the front you'll see a catch. Gently pry it loose
with a small, thin flatblade screwdriver.

Fifth is the tricky bit. With the lid open, use a
small, thin flatblade screwdriver to pry forward on
the top half of the case along the right front edge
of the case. DO NOT PRY UPWARDS! Work from the left
to the right to release each catch in turn. If you
just pry upwards the little "loops" of plastic on
the bottom case will break off.

Sixth, lift up a bit on the front edge of the case top
then pull forward a little. The place to be careful
of is the power button at the right rear. It has a
long peg that goes down through the frame to the
power switch. It takes a bit of wiggling around but
it's not too hard to get off.

Now you can see what's up with the trackball button.

When you put it back together, pry forward on the
front edge like you did to take it apart, but work
from right to left to reconnect one catch at a time.

Whomever had my two was obviously not too careful.
Most of the loops are broken. I suspect it's because
an Engineering Sample and a Prototype would have
been dismantled many times to make changes or for
testing.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist