Duo internal modem VS DuoDock modem?

Bill Judson jutso at ripco.com
Thu Jul 17 05:55:06 PDT 2003

> The Duo modem is like a WinModem, partly (largely?) in SW, plus if
you've

> ever looked at a modem 'card' inside a dock, it looks suspiciously like
> the same part inside the Duo itself. I don't actually know the answer to
> the 'will the dock modem work without the Duo's modem card being
> installed?' question but I'd say one cannot tell without actual testing.
>
> Dan K

Looking at the service manuals, I see that the illustration of the parts
in question is not the same -- the internal modem (Apple's, anyway) has
its connector all along its side, whereas the Dock "modem" has a much
narrower connector to the Dock logic board. The Dock "modem" is also much
thinner from side to side than the int. modem.

--
Over,

        Jutso

	http://pages.ripco.net/~jutso/