[Duo2400] Re: Electrovaya PowerPad results

John Buenfil eleganttype at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 19:26:35 PDT 2003

It's hard to believe we're talking about the same product. Well actually
we're not exactly. I have the Electrovaya PowerPad 120 rather than the 160
and while I have a 2300C as my reason for being on this list, I bought the
Electrovaya to go with my Wallstreet Powerbook.

Using no power saving features, I got about 3 hours and 45 minutes on the
external battery. That was before I installed the Sonnett G4 upgrade in my
Wallstreet, I haven't tried the Electrovaya since I did the upgrade. And as
far as design goes, after I got the Powerpad out of my carry-on luggage
which had been squeezed into the overhead bin on a flight to Florida the
batteries inside seem to have separated from the cardboard sides of the
device and it now has a lot of flex to it. It still works but for the price
I am quite disappointed.

John Buenfil
eleganttype at earthlink.net