Duo 280 darkening screens

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 12:35:12 PDT 2003

then Mad Dog wrote:
>Well, if its water and air, its probably permanent.  Nuts.  I would
>really like to whip a couple of these screens into shape.

I don't think we should assume it's permanant. If the LCD absorbs oxygen
or water vapor as it operates, perhaps sealing the edges on a day with
very low humidity might just do the trick. I also have several
edge-darkening MTFT screens I'd love to put back into service (PBs 280
and 540), so I feel your pain.

As usual with this here topic we can speculate all we want, but until we
either try a repair ourselves, or ask an _expert_, we (well, I at least)
speak only hot air from my butt.
<G>

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/