[Duo2400] Newbie!

Christopher Kolp ckolp at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 26 18:29:02 PDT 2003

Andy,

Congrats on your purchase of the PowerBook 2400c.

I think the real question about the accelerator is where can I even find
one? I've read multiple places that say that the Interware (Vimage) upgrade
cards run cooler, are faster, and provide more battery life but are almost
impossible to find.

The NewerTech ones seem to be more readily available and the other Newer
upgrade I own has never given me one problem, so I went ahead and purchased
one at Technowarehouse. I didn't want to wait possibly months to try and
find a Vimage one. The speed increase wasn't worth the wait.

Here's the link for TechnoWarehouse. They have a NewerTech 240 MHz. / 512
cache upgrade for $179.00.

http://www.technowarehousellc.com/procuppow.html

And as with what Mr. Getz said, it is *much* better to find one already
upgraded but again, difficult to find. I guess it amounts to what your
patience level is.

And on the subject of memory, here's my .02 - I saw a retailer on eBay
selling 96 MB chips for the PB2400 for $50.00, about $300.00 less than
MacImports. It sounded good but I had a *horrible* experience with cheap
memory on my G4 Quicksilver and I didn't feel that it was worth the risk.

Good luck and let us know how it goes,

Chris