2400 control strip

Donald McCaig McCaig at va.tds.net
Mon Jul 28 16:48:00 PDT 2003

Dear Gurus.
	I've just put a 40G hd and 112 memory into my NuPower 2400. I
segmented my hard drive and have installed 7.6.1, 8.6 and 9.1. Each system
is configured to act the same through different workarounds.
	My problem is the control strip in both 8.6 and 9.1. When I shut
down or restart most of the time the computer freezes or delivers a message
warning me about the control strip extension. I've run Conflict catcher
three times and if there's a conflicted extension, I can't find it.
	When I look up the info on the extension, Conflict Catcher says:
"Warning! This file is using more memory in the system heap at startup than
it is requesting. You may want to try disabling this file if you are
experiencing problems with your system."

	I can do that but I like the control strip. What is the machine
trying to tell me in ordinary language and how can I fix it?
					Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm
Williamsville, Virginia 24487
USA