Global Village 19.2 modem

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 19:31:25 PDT 2003

Craig W. wrote:
>Well thee--ank yew! I DO appreciate the help....
>
>Of course, the pages you pulled up are UPDATES to the actual Global Village
>software I need... but hey; don't let that bother ya... I'll find it.

Craig, as always you are most welcome! While you are technically correct
the installer is an updater, the installer's tome does include the entire
package of SW you needed. I did kinda forget to mention you need to
manually extract the bits using TomeViewer because, well, errrr, I kinda
actually forgot about that little detail until you just now reminded me.
I guess it's been awhile since I last had to do that lil' chore.

then Craig W. wrote:
>Thanks Jack, and to EVERYONE who responded, for the help;

Craig, as always you are most welcome! <G>

>Once I was informed that the GV modem for the Duo used the same software as
>the 19.2 GV modem from the PB 5xx series,

Craig, as always you are most welcome! <G> <G>

>I eventually managed to piece the package together from my 540c
>... now my Duo is BLAZING away at....
>
>...HEY! It STILL only gets 14.4mhz! DANG! I was looking forward to 19.2...!
>;-)

Good luck finding an ISP that has modems able to connect at that oddball
speed. With my PB500 GV Mercury I've never been able to connect at faster
than 14.4. I reckon if I dialed up another similarly equipped PB then it
might do the 19.2 thing . . .  I know, _REAL_ useful! :-)

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700