[Duo2400] Re: Global Village 19.2 modem

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 00:33:55 PDT 2003

--- COCCORP at aol.com wrote:
<clip>
> ...HEY! It STILL only gets 14.4mhz! DANG! I was
> looking forward to 19.2...!
> ;-)

Apparently to fit v.90 capability into the ROM code
updates of much pre-v.90 ISP equipment, something
had to be tossed overboard. One guess what it was. :P

Oh well, 19.2 modems had a _very_ short time in the
sun before 28.8 blew onto the scene. They were around
quite a bit longer before 33.6 booted 28.8 off the
end of the pier.

Some of the oddest modems I had the displeasure of
having to use were ones that did 14.4 FAX but only
2400 or 9600 data. What dumbarse would ever design
such a POS?!

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist