Duo mainboard upgrades.

Gregg Eshelman g_alan_e at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 03:30:47 PDT 2003

I've read that the Duo 2300 mainboard supported all
previous Duo LCD screens because it was also available
as a (factory installed) upgrade.

How did that work with the CPU heatsink "tab" on the
frame being in different places on the 030 and 040
models?

At least I think it's different. I'd have to dismantle
my 280 again to check. The 230 is still apart and
waiting for a "new" hard drive.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to keep
the Duos or see if anyone will pay a premuim to own
an Enineering Sample 230 and a Yeager Prototype 280.

They're no Power Express (I sooo WANT one of those!)
but for Duos the ones like these can't be too
common, eh?

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." Hiro Protagonist