[Duo2400]

jeff hewitt beatniqe at cavtel.net
Tue Jun 3 19:40:13 PDT 2003

Just purchased a 2400c/180 off ebay, got a few questions:

Which OS should i run?  I'm one of hose odd users who went from system
6 to os x, and am not all that familiar with 7, 8 or 9.

Any suggestions for software? I'll be using it extensively for word
processing and coding, along with web development. My favorite word
processor was clarisworks 3.o, but i dont think itll run on this?  I'm
specifically looking for a graphics editor (currently using photoshop
6) that will optimize graphics for web consumption, and a coding app
comparable to hydra for os x.

Ive read that i can get a cardbus upgrade thru MCE, any one have any
ideas where i can pick up a g3 processor upgrade?  Ive looked around
online to no avail, and they seem pretty scarce on ebay. I've heard
rumors of a 96 meg ram upgrade, but ive only been able to find one for
about $369. that seems a bit pricey. any ideas on alternate sources?
also, im trying to find a battery. ive read that the 2400 was very
similar to the 3400, any idea if i can swap the cells from a 3400
battery?

Thanks for any help ya might have,