[Duo2400] Cardbus NIC for sale, $25

Douglas Arnott dug_arnott at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 17:22:28 PDT 2003

Hi there.  My name is Doug Arnott.  I've been out here
for quite a while now, but this is the first time I've
had anything to say.

I'm here because I made a mistake, and I'm wondering
if anyone out there wants a pretty neat NIC for their
laptop.  I've listed the specs of it at the bottom of
the message.  If you're interested or have any
questions, email me off list at
dug_arnott at YAhRIdemcowBOYoo.com (drop the
'ridemcowboy' out to talk to me) and I'll do my best
to answer your questions.

I bought a D-Link 10/100 card for my 1400.  It was a
clearance item at OWC (open box, never used, tested
good) and was listed as being PCMCIA/Cardbus.  I was
skeptical, but for $25 I though it might be worth the
risk.

Whoops.  Of course, clearance items cannot be
returned, of course, so here I am trying to play
salesman.

Anyway.  If you have a Cardbus 'Book (a 2400 that has
been 'snipped' or a 3400 (I think) and up) and are
interested in a $25 USD card, email me off list and we
can work something out that involves minimal shipping
costs.  Just to warn you, I live in Canada.  (but
unless you aren't in North America, it shouldn't make
too much of a difference.)  Obviously, if you already
have a Ethernet card built into the computer, you
probably aren't going to want this (unless you know
your card is only 10Base-T and want to trade up.)

The specs:
32 bit 10Base-T/100Base-TX
Runs in half & full duplex modes at speeds of 10, 20,
100 or 200Mbps
Hot swappable
supports NWay auto-navigation

and, most importantly, and the reason that I took the
risk on it,

NO DONGLE.  It will stick further out the side of your
laptop, but you don't have to worry about where the
dongle went every time you use it.

The card does have Mac instructions and a Mac driver
on CD.  At a glance, the instructions don't seem as
in-depth as the Windows guide, but that is to be
expected.  Flipping through the guide, it does provide
basic network setup instructions.

Last but not least, it comes with a clear plastic case
to store it in.

I'm asking $25 USD because that's how much the card
cost me (which I figure was a bit of a deal) and I'd
like to get my money back.  (Well, most of it.  OWC
only used FedEx Priority Overnight to Canada, so I
paid a lot of shipping on all the stuff that arrived
today :( .  On the plus side, one of the other things
in the box was a Radeon 8500 :)  .)

Thanks,

d.