[Duo2400] Re: latest installment of the 280c saga

Tom and Lisa P gionpeters at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 07:55:02 PDT 2003

>>>Evil bad? As in what way? Like, totally, totally drained...to the
>>>point that it has become a black hole sucking the life out of my
>>>system?
>>
>>Black Hole - bad.
>
>I left it in the computer all day with the adapter plugged
>in...still would not charge.

Yep.... nasty bad.  You are going to have to try and SuperCharger2
it.  Does it show any corrosion or leakage ?

>>>Any thoughts as to how I can resurrect the hard drive in my duo dock
>>>that this battery has apparently somehow killed? It's completely
>>>disappeared off my desktop. Norton's found it last night, called it
>>>damaged and could not repair it. Today, even Norton's can't find it.
>>>The OS is having trouble recognising the floppy drive in the dock as
>>>well. My next step is to reinstall my system software onto the 280c
>>>drive, as I'm theorizing that perhaps the disk drivers have been
>>>corrupted.
>>
>>probably a conicidence the drive went south at the same time.  To
>>install, I pop the top off the dock and use a SCSI cable to string up
>>a CD Drive and install that way.
>
>I think you are right. After thrashing around with it for the past
>few days I booted it up a half hour ago with the intention of
>reinstalling my OS onto the duo drive...and there was the dock drive
>on my desktop! I think there is something loose inside the dock.

Take the dock apart and rebuild it.  its the only way to be sure.

>As for the floppy, it is still dead, but I can live without that.

A good cleaning should fix that.  Take it out, take it apart and dust
it out good.  Relubricate the mechanical parts with teflon lube.

>Thanks for all your suggestions. As for the battery I am going to
>try to get it fixed under warranty.
>--
>Steve
>sbsharpe at dramex.org