How can I install OS v9.2.2 on my 2400?

Matthew McVay matthew at nets.com
Sun Jun 15 22:44:09 PDT 2003

Since the list is a bit slow...

What is the *safest* method of installing OS v9.2.2 on my 2400?

I vaguely recall this being discussed a while back and that one could
use a utility to temporarily tweak the 2400 "ID" so that it fools the
system installer into thinking my 2400 is a 3400. I also recall some
discussion about it possibly being advisable to partition my HD for this
procedure. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

If anyone could post their experiences, I'd be most grateful. It would
also be good to know which system extensions or system control panels
need to be saved from v9.1 which I currently have running.

f you're wondering why I need to do this, there is a Palm medical
program called epocrates RXpro that *requires* OS 9.2.2 to install for
synchronization and updating. I'd also be interested in the collective
experience in upgrading Palm Desktop v2.6.3 to v4.0.1 which is also
required by epocrates RXpro.

P.S. If anyone would like to sell a Vimage-Interware 400 or 320 upgrade
card, please email me off list.  :o)