[Duo2400] Re: Bit Slow

Brandy Bender brandybndr at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:01:00 PDT 2003

Have you tried Local Talk networking using your phone line ? (Modem ports)
Is the hub RJ45? Which HP Printer do you have?
Try this:
The Printer Share extension comes with your Mac’s system software. Check the
Extensions Manager control panel to verify that it’s present and active.
To share the printer, open the Chooser on the host Mac, select the printer
icon and then the Setup… button, which opens the sharing window.
Check the “Share this Printer” option, name the printer (add a password if
desired), then choose OK and close the Chooser.
To use the shared printer, first install the printing software on the other
networked Macs. Open the Chooser on a networked Mac and choose the printer
icon to see the list of available printers, which should include the printer
you just shared. Select the printer’s name, close the Chooser

Brandy

mariner at mts.net wrote:

Our little powerbooks are all working just tickety-boo it would seem.
I just bought a pc USB2.0 card for mine for $12.95, and it did not even list
Mac support. I loaded up the 9.1 Mac extensions and boom- am now happily
printing to my hp usb deskjet. Now if I could just figure out how to share
it with my old 6100Š say Brandy, got any ideas? I mean about printer
sharing! The 6100 won't usb share cause it's not pci. I have both machines
hooked up to a hub, using ipnetrouter on the 2400 for internet sharing.
Andy