[Duo2400] Re: Ethernet card drivers

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jun 18 05:56:03 PDT 2003

on 6/17/03 2:32 AM, Brian Getz at briang113 at yahoo.com wrote:

> A lot of work, you may just want to buy a different
> card. You can probally get one for $20 or $30.

This is what I ended up doing. I went through two or three cards before I
found one that worked. The one I found is the 3Com 3C589D. They are cheap
and plentiful, and based on a Farallon chip, which means a simple
modification should get it to work with your Mac, or you might have success
finding the modified driver on the internet. I've to it somewhere in my
house, on one of my computers, and probably burnt on a CD as well. I saw
them just this week on eBay for about $10. Get a couple. :-)
--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.