Memory hazzles

Klaus Schnathmeier Klaus.S at gmx.net
Thu Jun 19 06:51:46 PDT 2003

I just got hold of a 40 MB memory module, which I intend to use in my
Powerbook Duo 280c. This machine, however, only accepts 36MB modules
as a maximum and if I insert this module anyhow, MacOS reports a
total of only 32 MB.
I'm thinking of removing one of the 5 memorybanks on the module, to
convert it to 32 MB thus gaining 36 MB in total with the onboard
chips.
However, I am lacking all information  about the chip pinout and the
module adaptor pinout and soldering without information is like
driving through dense fog.
Has anyone out there got adaptor pinouts for the modules including
some information how the banks are organized ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Klaus