[Duo2400] Re: Powerbook Repair

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 20 10:33:24 PDT 2003

I believe DT&T usually replaces the logic board, circa $200 + shipping?

http://www.dttservice.com/services.html

>Thanks for the help.  Many Sydney resets didn't help.  I also let
>the powerbook drain overnight, but, it still has a click when I plug
>it in and the green light in front turns on.  I emailed a repair
>service for help.  Is there a part of the power management hardware
>that needs replacing?
>
>Eben Pendleton
>wrteeben at hotmail.com

>>Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:10:22 -0500
>>From: Ralph Mawyer <mac2400 at satx.rr.com>
>>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: PowerBook 2400 repair
>>
>>GLOD as noted by the other poster.  You might check out Sidney Ho's
>>article on GLOD.
>>
>>http://webobjects.uwaterloo.ca/mac2400/		Hardware:Repair:GLOD
>>
>>>Hi
>>>I have an older powerbook that has is having some trouble. I am
>>>trying to repair a PowerBook 2400 but having some difficulty.  The
>>>powerbook alternates between a constant green light and a small
>>>click from the speakers, when any reset is done.  I have left it
>>>overnight and also removed the PRAM battery for several hours
>>>without success.  Has anyone managed to solve this problem?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>  >writeeben at hotmail.com

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.